Saturday, June 5, 2010

The End, well almost

Two and a half days to go for the kids and five more for me. We have two days of staff development on Thursday and Friday; therefore, our last day is the 11th. Anyhoo...

This is been a rewarding year,but it has had its challenges. After Christmas, additional students were given to me, most of them very needy and not used to a full day of instruction. However, we got through it and like one of my college roommates has said "You're a better person because of what you have done for those kids." There were alot of times, I wanted to quit, but then too, you know the saying from the movie, "Steel Magnolias" 'What doesn't kill us, makes us grow stronger.'

Would I do this year again? Yes. Are there things I would do differently? ABSOLUTELY!!

Here's to my sixteenth year of teaching. I am looking forward to my seventeenth this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment