Friday, December 30, 2011

On the eve of my fortieth birthday...

I 'm really looking forward to what being in the forties will bring. Sure there will be trials and tribulations, but I know there will be lots of joys as well. This afternoon I realized that I am approaching my third decade of being an adult and took a trip down memory lane.

The first decade of adulthood was the Twenties which brought:





  • college graduation


  • the purchase of a new car


  • learning how to live on my own


  • becoming a teacher


  • the beginning of my Faith Alive journeys



  • Making my Cursillo weekend



  • Travelling to England and Scotland (thus visiting several places while in both countries as well as singing at Temple Chapel in downtown London and Westminister Abbey , taking a boat ride on the the Thames River in London, and climbing to the top o St Paul's Cathdral in London)



The second decade of adulthood was the Thirties which brought:






  • the purchase of another new car


  • my installation into the Daughters of the King


  • being appointed to serve on the Secretariat for Cursillo


  • being nominated and elected as a Cursillo rector


  • being appointed to serve on the DOK diocesan board (3 different times, I will begin my third term this fall)


  • breaking a bone (my foot) for the first and last time of my life ( I hope)



  • playing and directing a choir at two different churches in our diocese



  • becoming a Stephen Minister



  • moving to one of my favorite places- Bluffton, SC


  • getting to do lots of fun things in Bluffton and Savannah



  • serving on several Cursillo teams



The third decade which is the Forties: hmmmm looking forward to what this decade will bring. One of my college roommates has already assured me that is fabulous being forty. If that's the case, bring on the FABULUOUSNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment