Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Control

Yes, I'm back. It has been an incredibly busy year and too I really have not felt like blogging. There's lots to blog about as well as pictures to include, so I am slowly getting back to it. Like many of you, my blog is my online journal/ photo album/ scrapbook; so I really want to keep it up as I may have this and my past blog (Bluffton Briefings) complied into a book as a birthday gift to myself this December. I will be 40--YIKES!! Below is a post from another blogger about control. Before I go any further, we ALL say that we don't want/like having control. YES we do. 'Nuff said. Enjoy the post below.


As much as we like to think we can exert control over our lives, the truth is that the Lord has it all. We can be sitting in church worshiping with our families one moment... and the next moment be taken home to be with Jesus. So, why do we try to control every minute of our lives when instead we should be savoring every minute of our lives? Cherishing each minute as if it were the last. Heavenly Father, take away my desire for control. Pry it from my hands, oh Lord. I want you to wrestle this from me so that I can be free. I want to put my whole trust in You. Because I know that You are the true owner of my life. I just pretend that I can have a say in it. Lord, I don't need to create a false sense of security for myself here on earth. Because in You I am secure for eternity. Amen.
"I know, O LORD, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, LORD, but only in due measure." (Jeremiah 10:23-24).

No comments:

Post a Comment