Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Something to hang on to

Now that I'm back, you'll probably have several posts in the next couple days or maybe hours as I'm on my roll to share. While I have enjoyed the summer (still am), I have learned some lessons about patience, giving, having faith, and trusting. Very. Valuable. Lessons. As a teacher, I always look forward to the summer because that is the time I can do what I want in most circumstances: rest, read, travel, cook/bake, hang out at the pool and beach often (this has been true for the last four summers as I live only a few minutes away from it.), take a class, or have a part time job. Trust me, with this heat, I have frequented the beach and the pool to cool off. Because I am so close to the beach as well as other bodies of water, I sit and relax while reading my In Touch Devotionals. That in and of itself has become a favorite past time. While I have tried to rest and relax, I have had a bit of anxiety as to what I will be doing this year. It's been a little confusing, but that is now cleared up as I am still going to be in the classroom. With the economy like it is, I am so grateful to have a secure job that can be challenging as well as frustrating, but still secure. God is Good!! Below is another treasure that I came across a few minutes ago. Take and apply as necessary.

I give my life to you, Lord. My every need you fill;I’m resting in my faith, Lord;You saved me, and you always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment